Friday, July 10, 2009

It's a Boy!




  As our first blog, we thought it fitting to announce we are having a little baby boy! After a cancelled appointment two weeks ago, we have been reeling with anticipation and excitement to find out the sex of our baby, and today we did! We officially knew the baby was a boy when the ultrasound tech announced, "Look there is his little turtle!" Hilarious! I'm sure he will blush every time he hears that story when he is older!
  Craig and I were completely overjoyed to see our little man today! We watched the monitor in awe as  our little one moved around in my belly! He yawned, kicked, and even sucked his thumb for us...so precious! The 3D/4D ultrasound was incredible! We could see his eyes, nose, ears, fingers, and toes. It is so hard to believe that after only 20 weeks God has created such an intricate precious human being .  We truly feel thankful and blessed! We spent most of the day talking about him and dreaming about him, and we even bought him his first Cardinals t-shirt...Pujols of course! The first of many, I'm sure.
   Today was such a great blessing!  As I sit here reflecting on it, I am amazed at the many ways God has already been using our little baby boy to teach us and love on us! Craig and I have both been learning so much during this season of pregnancy about deepening our trust in God's unwavering character! So many fears and circumstances have pulled at us to try to take away our joy in this season, but the Lord keeps showing us that we must put our hope in Him, not in fear or circumstances because there will always be things to fear. I truly feel so much more aware of the Lord's presence in my life through this little one! I can't believe there are only 4 more months until we get to meet our little guy! That blows my mind! 
   We are excited to see what the rest of this pregnancy journey will bring, and we feel so blessed to have incredible friends and family to walk alongside us in the process! We love you!

1 comment:

  1. Wahoo! A boy! Thanks for sharing the exciting news. I love the Pujols tee for him! We will continue to pray for the two of you and the little guy. Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete