Thursday, May 26, 2011

Night Light Moment




So Im not the best about documenting cute stories about Ethan, but he did the cutest thing last night in his "big boy bed" that I just had to jot down! We set up his mattresses on the floor a few nights ago and set up his bed but still left the crib in the room in case it was a disaster! Luckily, it went really well. Only a few minor falls onto his pillows and by the last two nights, he's mastered it. (Naps are another story for some odd reason). He loves reading on his bed and having all his snuggle mates up there, Pooh Bear, Bear Bear, and Brinkley our dog! So fun.

Well, last night I was going to check on him as I always do. I had gone in his room at midnight and he was doing well. I heard him rustle around at 4ish, so I went to his room and peaked in, and he had turned his lantern on beside his bed. It was such a precious moment! He didn't fuss or anything. I guess he just woke up and it was too dark, so he turned it on like a big boy. I know most of you are probably reading this and cracking up that I am making such a big deal out of it, but I just thought it was the cutest thing and I had to write it down! I took a pic of it on his nightstand this morning!

So proud of my little man! He typically takes to new experiences pretty quickly, which I must admit is a blessing, but also kind of hard on momma because it seems like he is growing up too quickly. It seems like just yesterday I was moving him from the bassinet to his crib. And now he's moving from his crib to a big boy bed. Many more moments like this to come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment