Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Ethan's First Day of PreSchool



Ethan set off for his first day of preschool today! We have been talking about it for the past few weeks so he could slowly prepare for the transition, and we even bought a cute little cars lunch box that he thinks is pretty cool! When we got there, we played on the playground for a bit before I dropped him off in his classroom, and of course we had to play basketball. I think this made him excited and he felt a little more at home. (Again, my child LOVES basketball).

When we did head in, I walked him around the classroom like we did at orientation and then handed him over to his teacher. He clung to me for a minute and cried a bit, but was fine after I left. Of course I hung around a bit and kept peeking in the window to check on him all the while careful that he didn't see me. He was just walking around with his blankie(his comfort) exploring all the new toys!

I was surprised I didn't cry. Even though this is something Craig and I decided would be good for me and Ethan to give me some time just with baby, it was still hard to drop my little man off for a full day outside of my care. I'm realizing that even though I want to him to gain some independence from mom and dad slowly, it is hard to relinquish control and trust in the Lord's protection over him when we aren't there. I prayed the whole time we walked to his school and the whole way home.

My prayer for you little E-Bear is that you would enjoy your time with friends and that the messages written on your heart would be ones that are loving and glorifying to God. I pray for protection over your mind, body, and spirit and that your room would be full of the fragrance of Christ and that at your young age you would be quickly drawn into the loving presence of Christ. I pray against any attempt of the enemy to rob you or destroy your time their today and I renounce any lies that could potentially be written on your heart. Thank you Lord for sweet teachers that want to be a godly influence on our children. May you give them the strength, patience, and love to care for our little ones! Amen

Off to do some housework, workout, and read! It will be kind of nice to have a day or two of him at school before baby comes and get some "me" time!

No comments:

Post a Comment